VEGETABLE SPRING ROLL
Spring rolls recipe is a popular starter or snack that is served in Indo Chinese restaurants. These are perfect as a tea snack or for a weekend brunch. They can also be served for dinner to accompany a bowl of delicious soup or noodles. But in India most commonly one would find people enjoying these with masala tea in most tea shops too. These flaky spring rolls also go perfectly well with a hot cup of black tea or coffee.
How to make spring rolls recipe
- Add oil to a hot pan and saute spring onion whites.
- Add all the veggies except onion greens.
- Fry on a high flame until half has done yet crunchy.
- Add soya sauce and vinegar. Mix well.
- Add onion greens, pepper and a very little salt. Mix and off the stove.
- If You wish to use noodles, boil them al dente. Rinse well and drain completely. Add them to the stir-fried veggies and fry for a min. Pour more 1 tsp soya sauce. Sprinkle some salt and pepper.
- Cool this completely.
- Place a damp cloth over the frozen sheets for 5 to 7 mins or follow the instructions mentioned on the pack.
- Spread one wrapper, place a spoonful of stuffing.
- Roll one edge towards the inner side covering the stuffing. Bring the sides to the centre. Dampen the leftover the edge and roll the wrapper to seal.
- Keep them covered otherwise, they will dry up.
- Heat oil until hot enough. To check to drop a small piece of the wrapper in the oil. If the oil is hot enough It rises in the oil without browning.
- Add the rolls in hot oil and fry evenly by stirring until golden. Drain them on a kitchen tissue.
- Serve vegetable spring rolls hot with ketchup.
Ingredients For Vegetable Spring roll
- 3 cups cabbage shredded
- 1 medium carrot about ½ cup shredded
- ¼ cup capsicum julienned
- 2 sprigs spring onions (white & green separated)
- 1 to 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 to 2 tsp soya sauce or soy sauce
- 1 tsp vinegar
- ¼ to ½ tsp pepper powder or crushed
- salt very little
For vegetable spring rolls
6 spring roll wrappers
1 cup oil for deep frying or 1 tbsp oil for baking
Baking spring rolls
- Preheat the oven at 220 C for at least 15 minutes.
- Brush the spring rolls generously with some oil.
- Place them on a greased tray and bake for 12 to 13 mins. Even a wired rack works well. If needed flip them and bake for another 6 mins.
- Serve spring rolls hot with any sauce.