VEG MOMOS RECIPE
This is the popular street food in India which is originally a Tibetan recipe. There are many varieties of momos you will find at the stalls. The verities meaning, it has a different kind of stuff like meat, vegetables, paneer, etc.
I am sharing the Veg momos recipe. Speaking of vegetables, I have used carrot, onion, cabbage and capsicum. You can add mushrooms, green beans, cooked potato, baby corn, bean sprouts etc. I have chopped them finely using a knife. To get it done quickly, use the food processor.
It is very easy to make at home except for the shaping part. Shaping them is not hard, but it is little time consuming and shaping them perfectly requires some practice.
How to Make veg Momos
- Heat the oil on medium-high heat and fry ginger, garlic for a few seconds.
- Then stir fry chopped vegetables with stirring continuously for 3-4 minutes.
- Now add salt and pepper, stir fry again for 2 minutes.
- Then mix in spring onion greens and soy sauce and turn off the stove.
- Let the stuffing cool down.
Shaping and steam cooking Veg momos
- To make outer covering dough, mix all purpose flour and salt in a bowl, knead into a smooth yet stiff dough by adding little water at a time.
- Cover the dough and let it rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Then divide the dough into 20 equal portions and make smooth balls.
- Work with one ball at a time and roll into a 4-inch diameter circle.
- Put a tablespoon of stuffing in the centre and shape the momos as shown in step by step photos above.
- One shaped all of them. Prepare the steamer by adding a glassful of water in a steamer pan and bring it to a simmer on medium heat.
- Grease the steamer tray with oil and arrange shaped momos on it.
- Steam cook them for 6-8 minutes or till the outer layer looks shiny, transparent and by touch, it doesn’t feel sticky.
- Remove from the steamer and serve hot or warm.
Ingredients For veg momos
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 2 teaspoons Garlic finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Ginger finely chopped
- ½ cup Onion finely chopped
- ½ cup Cabbage finely chopped
- ½ cup Capsicum (Green bell pepper) finely chopped
- ½ cup Carrot finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- ¼ teaspoon Black pepper powder
- ¼ cup Spring onion, green part only finely chopped
- 1 ½ teaspoons Soy sauce
- 1 cup All purpose flour (Maida)
- Salt to taste
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon Water