VARIETY DOSA RECIPE
Dosa is one of the most regularly consumed crepes in south india.these are made in so many ways each differs in the proportion of lentils.to make most dosa varieties rice and lentils are soaked for about 4 to 6 hours.then ground with water to make a thick batter and fermented this batter making end product porous and tasty.the batter is then spread to a thin crepe on the hot seasoned griddle and cooked for short time.
Dosa varieties and various versions like masala dosa set dosa, benne dosa, neer dosa, egg dosa, chicken dosa, onion dosa, vegetable dosa, capsicum dosa,schezwan masala and many such came into existence. The most commonly made in homes is the plain dosa and are also called Sada dosa.hence they are family recipes that we consider are healthy and nutritious with minimum usage of rice and more lentils.most of these can be made for breakfast or meal and can be paired with chutney, sambhar or vegetable curry.
HOW TO MAKE DOSA BATTER
1. Firstly, in a large bowl, soak 3 cups of rice and methi seeds for at least 5 hours.furthermore, soak urad dal for 3 hours.
2. drain the water from urad dal and keep aside.
3. transfer the soaked urad dal into a blender and blend to the smooth and fluffy batter. collect it into a large bowl and keep aside.
4. further, blend the soaked rice along with adding water if required.
5. transfer to the bowl of urad dal batter.
6. mix well making sure the batter has combined completely.
7. also clean the sides with your hand.
8. cover and ferment in a warm place for 8- 12 hours.
- 3 cups rice
- 1cup urad dal
- ½tsp methi
- 1cup thin poha /Beaten rice
- salt to taste
- water for soaking