SWEET PANIYARAM AND EGG PANIYARAM
Sweet paniyaram recipe South Indian breakfast or snack recipe. Paniyaram can be sweet or savoury, sharing the sweet version made with idli dosa batter. To make these, fermented lentil rice batter is cooked in a special pan known as paniyaram pan or Aebleskiver pan. Though the traditional recipe is made using fermented rice-lentil batter, there are also instant and quick recipes like this Sweet instant paniyaram using wheat flour, rava and maida.The recipe I am sharing is just one of the many quick methods to make sweet paniyaram. If you have fermented idli or dosa batter, then you are good to go with this recipe. This time I have used idli batter, you can also use thick dosa batter. The runny or thin batter is not suitable to make sweet paniyaram.These will be loved by kids and go well in the school box or can be had after school too. If packing in the box, be sure not to use the sour batter. This recipe makes about 24 medium sized sweet paniyaram.
Egg Paniyaram recipe It is a popular South Indian recipe which is an innovative combination of idli batter and eggs. This breakfast recipe is easy to make and keeps you charged all day. South Indian recipes are always a mixture of health and taste and so is this Paniyaram. All you need is some leftover idli batter, eggs, onion, mustard seeds, turmeric powder, oil, and black pepper and you are good to go. Packed with the goodness of eggs and idli batter, this recipe will steal your heart away. You can also use the dosa batter if you like. It is an easy- to- make a dish that can be prepared in just half an hour. This Paniyaram tastes best when served with tomato and flaxseed chutney. It can also be prepared as an evening snack and is enjoyed by people of all age groups. Enjoy it with the beverage of your choice. You can serve this at weekend brunches and earn compliments for your culinary skills. So, wait no more and try this recipe now and relish it with your loved ones
How to make thesweet paniyaram RECIPE
- Make sure you use the thick batter.
- Use cleanly grated or powdered jaggery free from dust and stones. If your jaggery is not clean, melt it with 1 to 2 tbsp water. Filter and boil until thick. Then cool it and use here.
- Mix all the ingredients together to a thick batter.
- Grease the paniyaram pan and add few drops of oil in all the moulds. Heat up well.
- Turn the flame to medium and fill the moulds to ¾. Cover with a lid and cook.
- When the base is set, flip them to the other side and cook until done.
- Serve sweet paniyaram hot or cold.
Ingredients FOR SWEET PANIYARAM
- 2 cups idli batter thick / dosa batter
- ¼ cup jaggery grated or / brown sugar/ palm jaggery
- ¼ cup coconut grated, fresh
- 2 pinches elaichi or green cardamom powder
- 2 to 4 tbsp rice flour (use only if needed, refer step by step instructions)
- Ghee or oil as needed (tastes best with ghee)
How to make EGG Paniyaram Recipe
- To begin making Chettinad Muttai Paniyaram Recipe prep all the ingredients first. Heat a Kadai with some oil, add mustard seeds and asafoetida and let it splutter for few seconds.
- Then add curry leaves, onions, ginger, garlic and green chillies. Saute for few minutes till the onions become translucent and brown.
- Add in the spice powders like turmeric, red chilli, cumin and pepper powder, adjust the seasoning by adding salt according to your taste. Give it a stir and let spice get cooked. Finally, add the grated coconut.
- In a small mixing bowl, break in the two egg and beat it till it fluffs up little. Pour egg into the dosa batter and also the sauteed onion mixture. Add some chopped coriander leaves and check for seasonings at the end. Mix the batter properly till all the spice and egg is mixed evenly into the batter.
- Mix the batter properly till all the spice and egg is mixed evenly into the batter.
- Heat the paniyaram pan on medium heat, add a teaspoon of oil into each cups. Use a tablespoon to drop the dosa batter into each cups. Fill in till the brim.
- Cover and let it cook for 5 minutes on each side and flip over. You can add oil if required while cooking.
- Serve the Chettinad Muttai Paniyaram along with Tea Time snack.
Ingredients FOR EGG PANIYARAM
- 3 cups Idli Dosa Batter
- 2 Whole Eggs
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 2 Green Chilli, chopped
- 2 sprig Curry leaves, finely chopped
- 2 sprigs Coriander (Dhania) Leaves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon Asafoetida (Hing)
- 2 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 2 teaspoon Cumin powder (Jeera)
- 2 tablespoon Red chilli powder
- 2 teaspoon Black pepper powder
- 1/4 cup Fresh coconut, grated
- Salt, to taste
- Cooking oil, for cooking