Prawn tandoori with chapathi
Prawn tandoori recipe
This tandoori prawns masala is the ultimate tandoori recipe that gets done in less than 15 minutes. A super easy recipe that yields the most delicious shrimp ever. The best tandoori prawn with a recipe for an easy marinade that only takes a few minutes. This Indian appetizer is grilled which lends it a smoky flavour. Creamy, tangy, and a little spicy these just melt in your mouth. The sauce is an absolute treat over steamed rice, chapati or roti. A perfect quick meal for a busy day or marinade and leave it in the fridge for later.
Chapati is basically prepared using whole wheat flour, water, salt and ghee and is served with almost every gravy and curry.it can be used just like regular toast, or as a side to many dishes.
How to make prawn tandoori
- Mix all the ingredients of the Marinade in a bowl.
- Stir to combine well.
- Add the shrimp to the Marinade and marinate for at least 30 minutes, or best for two hours.
- Thread the shrimp onto the bamboo skewers, set aside.
- Grill the shrimp on a grill on both sides, until they are cooked and slightly charred on the surface.
- Baste with oil while grilling.
- Remove from the grill, garnish with chopped cilantro and serve immediately with lime wedges.
Ingredients for prawn tandoori
- Prawn (i used medium size)
- Lemon juice
- Ginger and garlic paste
- Turmeric powder
- Red chilli powder
- Coriander powder
- Garam masala
- Coriander leaves
How to make chappati
- First, take a large-sized bowl. Put two cups of the flour along with a cup of water, salt and ghee in it.
- Mix well and start kneading a dough. Make sure that the dough is not too thick nor too thin. It has to be of a soft consistency.
- Add water to get the consistency right. Keep kneading for a while. even softer.
- Once the dough appears soft, divide the dough into medium ball-shaped sizes.
- Dust some flour on the rolling board.
- Take each dough ball, put it on the board and flatten the dough into a round circular disc-shaped chapati.
- Similarly, make chapatis of the remaining balls.
- Place the chapati on the tawa.
- Cook the bottom side for few seconds.
- Flip and cook the other side for a few seconds.
- Flip again and press at the corners and the roti begins to puff up.
- Flip and press the corners of the other side too and it puffs up.
- Apply oil all over the roti on both sides.
- Take it out and serve hot with prawn tandoori.
Ingredients for chappati
- 2 cups of wheat flour
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 1 tsp. salt (optional)
- 1-2 tsp. Ghee(optional)