Onion Samosa one of my favourite evening snacks, perfect alongside a cup of hot chai. A perfectly spiced and delicious onion filling inside a crispy fried outer layer. A true delight that can be made in a short time. Onion Samosa recipe is one of the most sought after snack recipe by many of my blog readers. I am talking about the addictive, small, crispy onion samosas that are served in the college canteens, railway stations, movie theatres, Irani tea cafes and the like. Seriously, I am no expert in making this classic Indian addictive snack that also goes by the name, Irani samosas. Trying to achieve perfectly crisp onion samosa is not an easy task. Having said that, I will also say that one can make it at home with near perfection
How to Make onion samosa recipe
- firstly, in a large mixing bowl take sliced onions and poha.
- also add chilli powder, garam masala, amchur powder and salt.
- then add ginger and coriander leaves.
- squeeze and mix well and keep aside.
How to Make samosa Patti | pastry sheets recipe
- firstly take maida and wheat flour.
- further, add a pinch of sugar and salt to taste.
- add 2 tbsp of hot oil over the flour.
- crumble the dough.
- furthermore, knead to smooth dough and rest.
- further, start to roll with a rolling pin as thinly as possible.
- furthermore, cut the sides and get to a perfect rectangle shape.
- put the sheet on hot tawa and roast for just 10 sec on both sides.
samosa folding recipe
- firstly, start folding the samosa sheet into a triangle and stuff the stuffing.
- seal with maida paste.
- fold the sheet to form a triangle.
- further, deep fry to a golden brown.
Ingredients for samosa Patti sheets
- ½ cup wheat flour/atta
- ½ cup maida / plain flour / all-purpose flour
- pinch of sugar
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp oil, hot
- water, as required to knead
Ingredients for samosa stuffing
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup thin poha / thin flattened rice/paper avalakki / beaten rice
- 1 tsp Kashmiri chilli powder
- ¼ tsp garam masala
- ¼ tsp amchur powder / dry mango powder
- salt to taste
- 1-inch ginger, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
- oil for deep frying
- 2 tbsp Maida / plain flour / all-purpose flour
- 4 tbsp water