How to make Minced Mutton Murtabak. Take flour, salt, oil in a bowl. Heat oil in a pan. Once raw smell leaves, add minced mutton and cook well. Add masala powders and cook in medium flame for few minutes. Add beaten eggs, salt and continue mixing until eggs are scrambled and cooked.
To make the filling
- Heat the ghee and fry the onion until it is soft.
- Add the garlic and fresh ginger and continue to fry until the onion is golden brown.
- Add the turmeric and chilli powder and stir for a few seconds.
- Put in the meat and carry on frying, stirring constantly, until it is well-marked.
How to cook the Murtabak
- Season the beaten eggs with salt and pepper and set aside in a small bowl.
- On a smooth surface, spread a little oil from the bowl and flatten one of the dough balls with a rolling pin.
- Gently press with the fingers, spreading the dough until it is almost as thin as strudel pastry.
- Heat the griddle and grease it lightly with ghee.
- Drape the roti over a rolling pin and transfer it on to the griddle.
- It will cook very quickly so spoon on some beaten egg and spread it over the middle portion of the roti with the underside of the spoon.
- Sprinkle some meat over and just before folding, add a few slices of onion.
- Fold over the sides of the roti, in an envelope like fashion to enclose the filling completely.
- Turn it over and cook the other side, spreading a little more ghee or oil on the griddle before putting it down.
- Cook until crispy and golden on both sides.
- Serve hot either on its own or with a bowl of curry gravy or dhall.
Ingredients For Mutton Murtabak
- 2 Cups refined flour
- 1 tablespoon oil
- water required
- salt to taste
- FOR FILLING
- 250 gms minced mutton
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons ginger garlic paste
- 2 green chillies
- 1 teaspoon red chilly powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 4 eggs beaten
- Few coriander leaves
- salt to taste