KOTTU POROTTA RECIPE
Kothu Parotta is the famous street food item over here.IIt is a dish that you want to prepare when you have leftover parotta last night. Just tear those, add some onions and stuff,crack open two eggs mixes it up and eat it. If you have ever seen on those street shops they will prepare like the above method, but they will pour a little of that lovely scene in it, it will give a unique taste to this dish. You could also add any chicken curry to this.
Kottu Parotta Recipe Tips
Use Malaysian Paratha available at Oriental and Indian stores, in the freezer section if Porotta/Parotta is not available or use homemade chapatis or parathas.
How to making kothu parotta
• Heat oil in a heavy bottomed vessel, add the curry leaves, green chillies and chopped onions and saute on a medium flame for 5 minutes
• Add ginger garlic paste and chopped stalks of coriander leaves and saute for 2 minutes
• Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder and mix well. Add chopped tomatoes and saute for 5 minutes.
• Make a well in the centre and pour the egg mixture and scramble it till almost cooked.
• Mix the contents of the vessel such that the scrambled eggs mix well with the onion-tomato mixture.
• Add the shredded parotta and salt and mix well. The contents should be minced with a pounding action using the end of a flat spatula.
• Cook on a medium flame for 5minutes tossing the contents well.
• Add garam masala, lemon juice and chopped coriander leaves and mix well. Turn off flame.
• Remove to a serving bowl and serve warm.
Ginger & garlic paste
Saunf / Sombu
Cinnamon / Patti
Red chilli powder
Garam masala powder
parota – 3 chopped
Salt to taste
Coriander leaves-for garnishing