EGG masala ROAST
Egg masala roast is a masala egg recipe in which eggs are nicely roasted in onion tomato gravy. This is a Kerala style Mutta roast where eggs are boiled, peeled and cooked in the masala gravy. This is usually called as nadan Mutta roast in some parts of south India and the gravy made is a spicy onion tomato gravy into which few spices are added and cooked well.
Eggs are the most versatile ingredient in any pantry. You can have them for breakfast, lunch, evening snacks and dinner and still not get bored of it at all! I don’t get bored, eggs are my favourite! Stir eggs into a soup, fry a simple omelette, fry and add on top of the breakfast bowl, make muffins out of them, put them in a curry they all are delicious!
How To Make Egg masala Roast
- Firstly boil eggs, peel them and set aside.
- Take a pan/wok, add oil and heat it.
- Into it, add very finely chopped onions and cook till soft.
- Add curry leaves and cook till the onions turn a golden colour.
- Into it add finely chopped tomato and mix.
- Cook for a few minutes.
- Add salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, black peppercorn powder into it and mix well.
- Cook until the tomatoes turn soft, mushy and until oil appears at the corners.
- Add some water and cook for a few minutes.
- Add boiled and peeled eggs into the gravy by slitting the eggs slightly.
- Cook and roast the gravy until water is absorbed and until the gravy is roasted well along with the eggs.
Ingredients for egg masala roast
- 4 eggs boiled and peeled
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 medium size onions very finely chopped
- 5-6 curry leaves
- 1 tomato finely chopped
- salt – to taste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder/Haldi
- 1 tsp black peppercorn powder
- 1/2 cup water