ALOO PARATHA RECIPE
HOME MADE ALOO PARATH
Aloo paratha recipe a popular stuffed flatbread recipe made with wheat flour and spiced & mashed potatoes. it is a perfect flatbread recipe for lunch and dinner.
Take Atta salt and oil in a little pot mix using fingertips add little water and kneading the dough. Make smooth and soft dough cover it and let it rest for 20 minutes. After 15minutes knead the dough again one more time to make it smooth. Make a smooth ball and then flatten it out.now take one flatten dough ball at the time. dit it into the dry flour and roll it put one potato in the centre gather the edges as shown. pinch it into the centre to seal it properly. flatten it using your hands very gently again dit into the dry flour and roll into round roll it very very gently. Heat the tawa or griddle on medium heat. once hot place the rolled paratha on it and cook for few seconds or till you see few bubbles on the top.flip it and cook another side as well apply some oil on the surface.
How to Make Aloo Paratha
- Take another mixing bowl, and add potatoes and mash coarsely.
- Add chopped onions, chopped green chillies,chopped coriander leaves, and all the spices.
- Mix well all the spices with mashed potatoes.
- Divide the potato mixture into 6-8 equal sized balls.
- For the dough:
- Add wheat flour, oil, salt and mix well. Now, add enough water to make a soft dough.
- Knead well to make a smooth dough.
- Apply a little oil to the dough and cover with a muslin cloth and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal sized balls and keep aside.
• 2 potato/aloo, boiled & mashed
• 1 chilli, finely chopped
• ½ tsp coriander seeds, crushed
• ¼ tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
• ¼ tsp turmeric
• ¼ tsp cumin powder
• ¼ tsp cardamom powder
• ½ tsp ginger paste
• 2 tbsp coriander, finely chopped
• ¼ tsp salt
• ½ cup wheat flour/atta, to dust
• 7 tsp oil
FEW TIPS FOR MAKING ALOO PARATHA
1. Adding oil or ghee while kneading the dough makes the parathas soft.
2. the aloo mixture can be made according to your taste and liking. you can also add roasted cumin seeds powder/jeera powder, rock salt, coriander powder.
3. to the aloo, you can also add other boiled and mashed veggies like peas, carrot, french beans, also grated cheese and paneer, to make it more nutritious and you have your mix veg paratha.
4. always cut the onions, chillies, coriander leaves very finely. also, the aloo should be mashed very well. there should not be any lumps or small pieces in it. this is so, so that, the parathas do not break while rolling.
5. to get the slight sourness and tanginess in the aloo paratha, I have used amchur (dried mango powder), but you could also use dried pomegranate seeds powder. if you do not get either the amchur or anardana powder, then add lime juice as per your taste.